2- 4 Weeks to Months
A website redesign can take anywhere from a few weeks to a number of months, depending on the scale and complexity of the project.
For small to medium-sized business, the time frame is likely to be around 2 to 6 weeks depending on resources allocated, but your best chance of getting an accurate figure is to pick up the phone and ring me on 0413 701 333 to discuss your project. I have best practise processes in place that ensure the timely delivery of your website redesign project. What I cover :
Undertake a health check of your website
- What is currently broken? How many internal and external broken links? Are there ALT images absent? I use a number of tools such as a link checker
- What isn’t working?
- What do people have a hard time doing or accessing on your website?
- Can your viewers find what they are looking for?
- For the techo’s in the room, Is there any meta data present?
- Is the website mobile friendly?
Perform content audit and evaluation because “Content Is King!”
- Through face to face interviews and/or online surveys, I can understand your prospects better, issues and your customers pain points. My strategy is to as ask a range of both open and closed questions in terms of identifying perceived customers expectations (this takes around 15-20 min conversation). This helps all key stakeholders better understand why people took action with your website in the first place and what keeps them coming back.
- We need to also validate assumptions made by running a number of scenario test cases.
- I will check online feedback forms and Chat Logs to find common complaints, issues, and problems people face.
- For larger projects, I will coordinate meetings with subject matter experts to determine whether information is to be removed, kept or updated?
Assess user behaviour through analysis using web tools & Testing
- I will teach you to use Google Analytics thoroughly to show you where traffic is coming from, what keywords are used and how long visitors stay
- As a qualified ISTQB tester, I will help you understand what version of a page performs better (using heat maps) and see see how people actually interact with a page
Web redesign and content migration
- Create a new Information Architecture document for site redesign process
- Produce a suite of design layout options to choose from. Upon system sign off, website build will commence
- Analyse content (data) from Your Old Website, map old site to newly created sitemap and conduct physical migration
Run web redesign as a project
As you project manager, I will review and jointly determine website functionality and content. For further information, please contact me on 0413 701 333 or fill in the Contact Form.
Endre Kovacs B.Sc. (Comp. Sci), Cert IV (Web Design), ISTQB